The Most Stupid Question

I've heard my share of stupid questions at work, among them is the famous 'Does this come in paperback?' on a book that is two days old. I really can't believe that I am still asked that question, by now I know I've told everyone in Raleigh -at least once- that 'No, it takes a year to come out in paper.'
But today, I got possibly the most stupid question in a long time.
Someone asked me what the new Sade album sounds like.
Why ask that question? What are you expecting, pre-Warner Brothers Ministry? It's like asking what the new AC/DC album sounds like [AC/DC] or if the new James Patterson book is good [no].
There are certain artists that have perfected a sound, found a faithful base and decided not to fuck around with it. Sade is one of those artists. If you like the sound of one of their albums, you like them all. It also makes it all that easier to sell the album. I can just say 'It sounds like Sade' and make the sale. Unlike trying to sell the new Vampire Weekend album by saying, 'It sounds like Paul Simon during his Graceland period writing music for Japanese video games.' If you haven't heard it, its tough to imagine what I just described, but trust me, thats what it sounds like.
So please, no more stupid questions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Houses Of The Holy, Led Zeppelin

The Dude & I

Daylight Savings Vinyl