Madness, Day 1

This years annual March Madness vacation is a bit different than others. Come Monday I won't have to go back to work, which is good (more vacation!) and bad (no job). So I am stuck in the middle, looking for work, while enjoying the time off. One of the benefits of being at job so long is the 3 months of severance pay, but the quicker I get a job, the longer I get two paychecks.
Madness is off to a good start, 3 good games, two overtime games. Florida goes down, I enjoyed that. It's not that I don't like Billy Donovan, I just don't like Billy Donovan's Hair. Yes, it gets a capital H, it's a massive piece of engineering which needs to have a staff of at least 3 to maintain.

Now its almost 9pm and only 2 blowouts, which don't really count since its a 1 & 2 seed. Again CBS is dropping the ball. Three channels, all on the Georgetown/Ohio game. I can understand not showing the UK game (up 35), but the Northern Iowa/UNLV game is a 2-pointer, put that on one of the channels. Clearly someone in NY is listening to me, they went to the game as I complained.

I have also decided what my present to myself will be if I get a job with a better salary. I think that should be a question that they ask you during the interview. "If you get this job, what will you buy yourself as a reward?"
Is it just me or are those large heads that are held up in arenas among the creepiest things ever? Where do you get a 3 foot cardboard cut out of someone's head?

This Georgetown loss is going to crush brackets nationwide. My first Elite 8 team to go down. Even in my crazy upset heavy bracket I didn't have this one. Greg Monroe is gone, he's a NBA player for sure and probably a lottery pick if he decided to come out this year. If so, that is a sad way to end a career, with a loss to Ohio University, a 14 seed. They were a 9 seed in the Hidden West Valley Conference -or some shit- and they had to win 4 games in 4 days to win their conference tourney to even get in. Will he come back just to get some better closure on a career? It would be nice if he did, then again 10 years ago we never had to ask that question. Sophomores wouldn't enter the draft unless they were dominant All-Americans and locks for the lottery (Shaq anyone?). Now its different, it was a shock to some that he stayed for a second year. Kids don't have to go class the winter semester if they plan to leave after 1 year. Once they've passed all their classes in the fall they are academically qualified to play sports in the second semester. What kind of shit is that? One-and-done? More like 12 credits-and-cash. It should be two years in college (or abroad) then the NBA. One year does nothing but tease the fans.

End of the night, couple more great games. Wake Forest! Go baby! Okay, so 4 brackets, best one I got 11 right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Houses Of The Holy, Led Zeppelin

The Dude & I

Daylight Savings Vinyl